Submit a Specimen

Looking for help diagnosing a tree health issue?  Reach out to one of the resources below to get some answers; submitting or sending a photograph of your specimen may be necessary.

Ask a Master Gardener: The Master Gardener Volunteer Helpline serves Vermont residents by providing science-based information about home horticulture issues.

Forest Biology Lab: The Department of Forests, Parks, & Recreation Forest Biology Lab provides assistance with tree health diagnoses and recommendations. For more information or to submit a sample contact Savannah Ferreira via email.

VT Invasives: Think you might have found an invasive forest pest, plant, or aquatic organism?  Learn more and report a potential sighting at